If you have an iPhone and your location is not updating please follow the troubleshooting steps described below.
You may check the location service and WiFi setting on your phone. It’s important that both GPS and Wifi(even if they are not connected) are activated on your phone.
Please note that accuracy depends on many factors, such as your environment and your phone. There are moments when the highest accuracy will not be available(underground for example)
Please refer the below instruction for the detail.
Enable Location Service 🔄
- Settings > Privacy > Location Services > On
- Settings > General > Background App Refresh > On
Turn on Wi-Fi
iPhone uses a Wi-Fi signal to estimate a current location when GPS signal is not available(indoor or underground). We recommend you to turn on Wi-Fi even if you don’t use it.
- Settings > Wi-Fi on
Make sure Internet connection is active
Since an iPhone detects your location via 3G/LTE/WiFi, it is recommended to be connected to the internet.
- Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data “on”
Disable Low Power Mode 🔋
If enabled, these settings can prevent frequent use of GPS signal.
- To check, go to Settings > Battery > and verify that Low Power Mode is disabled.
Not using iSharing yet? Download iSharing today!
- Download on Google Play Store (Android)
- Download on Apple App Store (Apple)