Whether it’s a family member you’re trying to get a hold of or a friend you’re trying to reach, checking the location of someone can help give you peace of mind and ensure their safety. Here is how you can check someone’s location with WhatsApp.
1. Using WhatsApp:
WhatsApp, just like Facebook Messenger, makes it easy for its users to share locations with each other. To share your location using WhatsApp, you can do so like the following:
- Step 1: Open a chat or a group chat on WhatsApp and then tap on the “attach file” symbol.
- Step 2: Click on “Location” in the options presented and then choose “Share live location.”
- Step 3: Select the duration to share location and tap “Send”. You can share the location for 15 minutes, 1 hour or eight hours.
While it’s easy to share location with WhatsApp, there is no way to check someone else’s location until the person initiates sharing their own location. Furthermore, WhatsApp interrupts you to share your location, as well.
2. Using Google Maps:
You can easily share your location through Google Maps with a friend on WhatsApp. Google Maps, as the world’s leading maps service, makes it easy for you to share your location like below.
How to share your location with Google Maps via WhatsApp:
- Open Google Maps app
- Click on your profile at the right top
- Send invite link to WhatsApp
Similar to WhatsApp Google Maps also has issues with continuous location sharing. Furthermore, the friend needs to initiate the location sharing for you to see their location.
iSharing makes it easy to share locations between WhatsApp friends and is the only app on this list that does not interrupt location sharing after a certain time period or does not need your friend to initiate the location share.
How to share your location with iSharing via WhatsApp:
- Open iSharing App
- Add a friend
- Click on the WhatsApp button and send an invite to the friend.
- Once they approve your friend request, you will be able to track their location 24/7 and have access to all other iSharing features.
With iSharing, you can also access all the features below:
- Location History for up to 30 days
- Instant text and photo messaging
- Privacy settings
- Emergency alarms and alerts for when friends and family leave or arrive a location