It’s that time of year, the holiday season! Between Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and all of Cyber Shopping Week many consumers all over the world are getting their hands on a new smartphone. That’s right, this is the time of year when plenty of people find themselves with a new smartphone in their hands!
With a new smartphone comes the worry that you may not be keeping your phone safe. That’s why we just had to share our list of 10 awesome apps to protect your smartphone. These are the best apps to ensure that your online safety, phone safety, and security are number one on the list of priorities this year.
Without further ado, here are our top 10 apps to protect your smartphone:
This app is perfect for Android users as it offers malware protection, lost phone tracking, and theft prevention features.
Another great app for Android users, Lookout offers features like WiFi security, remote lock and erase, and device finder.
AVG AntiVirus FREE
With AVG you can protect your Android phone from viruses, ransomware, spyware, and more!
Avira Antivirus Security
This app for iPhone is great because it offers a safe browser to surf the web on as well as protection from dangerous links and files.
Kaspersky Mobile Security
For iPhone, this is a wonderful app due to its remote control feature which allows you to lock, locate and even wipe your phone if it is stolen or lost!
McAfee Mobile Security
Available for iPhone and Android users, McAfee has some amazing features like location tracking, anti-theft measures, and contact backup.
Bitdefender Mobile Security
Another great app for Android users, Bitdefender offers features like malware scanning, privacy protection, and parental controls.
This app is available for both iPhone and Android users and it provides malware protection, web filtering, backup for contacts, and more.
Avast Mobile Security
If Android is your preferred smartphone then Avast should be your go-to security app. It offers features like anti-theft tools, privacy protection, call blocker, app lock, and even find my phone!
Lookout Premium Family Plan
Last but certainly not least we have the Lookout Premium Family Plan. This app is great because it offers protection for up to 10 devices and it protects against dangerous links, spam, spyware, and more!
How do I make my phone more secure?
Now that you know about some of the best apps to protect your smartphone, it’s time to ask yourself how you can make your phone more secure. Here are a few tips:
- Use a passcode or fingerprint scanner: This is the first line of defense against someone getting into your phone and accessing your information.
- Don’t download apps from untrusted websites: You probably think that most malware comes in through your email, but did you know that over half of it is downloaded via the web browser?
- Use a privacy screen protector: A privacy screen protector will help keep your information private when you’re using your phone in public.
- Use a tracking app: If you’re phone is lost or stolen, you can use a tracking app like Find My iPhone to track its location and get it back.
- Keep your software up-to-date: As mentioned before, updating your software will ensure that any gaps in the security are fixed so that no one can access your phone.
In conclusion, the holiday season is a great time to take advantage of all the amazing discounts and sales. However, it’s also a great time to think about how you can protect your smartphone from theft or loss. It may be worth it to invest in an additional security feature for your phone so that you have one less thing to worry about this year.